It’s the UN’s World Creativity and Innovation Day!
While everybody’s interested in creativity for the joy, peace, and relaxation that it can bring, practicing your creativity also makes you good at problem solving.
That’s the UN’s goal for Creativity and Innovation Day – that practicing creativity will increase our capacity for problem solving.
And we hope that you will apply your problem-solving skills to the important issues in your life, AAMP’s goal, today and every day, is about encouraging creativity itself.
So, here are a few things for you to try today, or any day, to stretch your brain and to have some creative fun.
- Pick a favorite song, and choreograph a dance to match it. Bonus points if your choreography includes throwing your arms into the air.
- Draw a circle, a square and a triangle and then incorporate them into a single drawing.
- Write a song parody about a pet or another animal.
- Write a piece of flash fiction that includes a hammer, a donut, and a person whispering.
- Create a piece of visual art from three items from a junk drawer, your fridge, your purse or your school bag.
- Create new instruments from objects in your house.
- Take photos of 3 orange things.
Feel like doing some more creative explorations?